Friday, May 10, 2013

On Finishing, and Free Motion Quilting

I have just finished my first ever attempt at Free Motion Quilting. After a few attempts that didn't work, because apparently I wasn't moving my fabric correctly, it is done! Messy, but done.

I have made an almost-maze mug rug - in that it isn't a maze, since it is a single path with no branches. I quilted leaves on a vine in variegated thread, which is my new obsession. I have purchased at least 6 spools of it in the last month.

Here it is!

Also, I finished it! Its been sitting waiting for quilting for at least 3 weeks, and I finally felt like finishing it yesterday.

Linking up:

       

Happy Mother's Day all you moms out there. Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Way to go! So glad you linked up to TGIFF!, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for the mugrug & the new blog! It always helps me to doodle my quilting design with a pencil & paper before attempting the actual freemotion quilting. It's pretty good for your first try. Practice makes perfect :o) Hugs, L

    ReplyDelete