Thursday, June 20, 2013

Tote Bag - Mission Complete!

I have finished! The first 3/4 was a breeze, and then frustration and mishaps and other bad things set in. However, I am done, and I am happy. The tote will be in the mail to its recipient tomorrow afternoon, after I pick up a few only-in-Canada treats to send along, since she lives in a different country. Here it is, photographed on the chair-and-a-half in my living room:

Side A - I was given the gorgeous "Forest" print from Hokkoh by a friend of mine, and really wanted to showcase it. I cut out the central tree, and then just built around it.


Side B - I am in love with Arabesque from Amy Butler's Love line, and wanted to cut out a full design to applique on, but I needed to make the background a bit interesting.


Inside - A pocket with part of Arabesque appliqued on, because I like it so much!


Also, forgive the blurry bits, it seems little fingers have been touching the camera lens :P


Linking up:

               

6 comments:

  1. Both sides are gorgeous! Congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tote! What a lucky partner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely! *I* live in a different country. Just sayin'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tote! What a lucky recipient! I'm curious what only-in-Canada treats you are sending along -- Aero bars, Tim's coffee, maple cookies? Fun! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tote looks great finished! I love that tree print and how you featured it. I'm sure your partner will be thrilled! Now to wait and see what comes in the mail for you!

    ReplyDelete